In April of this year, we started the undertaking of taking our home health care agency to the next step. That next step was to add skilled services. No Place Like Home Health currently offers skilled nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and home health aides. Soon, we will be adding medical social work, nutritional services, and speech therapy.
Under a Physician’s order, No Place Like Home Health can help patients transitioning back home from a hospital, nursing home, or rehabilitation facility. Our Skilled Home Care also assists patients with new diagnoses or changes to their medications.
What we offer
- Monitoring and instruction on a new or chronic disease process
- Medication and side effects instruction
- Wound care for pressure sores or a surgical wound
- Patient and caregiver education
- Intravenous or nutrition therapy
- Ostomy instruction and monitoring
- Fall prevention and instruction
- Physical and Occupational Therapy in the home
What should patients expect from home health care?
- Doctor’s orders are needed to start care. Once the doctor refers a patient for home health services, the home health agency will schedule an appointment and come to the patient’s home to talk about the patient’s needs and ask some questions about health.
- Health insurance is verified in our office and if there is any cost to the patient, we will notify the patient before beginning care.
- The clinician will then develop a care plan with the patient addressing all goals.
- Other disciplines may or will be ordered to meet patient goals.
- The home health agency staff will also talk to the doctor/doctor’s office staff about the patient’s care and keep the doctor updated about the patient’s progress.
- It’s important that home health staff see the patient as often as ordered at the start of care.
- All visits from Clinicians are around 45 minutes to 1 hour unless more time is needed.
No Place Like Home Health, LLC – Call (734) 259-4200.
Click Here for more info.
- Tips for Keeping in Touch with Your Elderly Loved One from Far Away - April 7, 2021
- Main Causes of Falls in Elderly - March 16, 2021
- What Are the TRAP Symptoms with Parkinson’s Disease? - March 3, 2021